If you want to be Part of the Win, check out our current openings below!
Taproom Team Member: Part-Time
Be the face and voice of Humm Kombucha at our taproom in Bend, Oregon! Offer kind and informative customer service and help maintain a clean, organized, and welcoming environment.Apply Now
want to know more about being a humm-ster?
One of Humm’s Three Pillars is “Life is Better; your life is enriched because of your time at Humm.” Our benefit program is founded on that pillar to offer a range of choices for our team to customize their benefit participation in a way most enriching to their unique needs.
Full-time, Year-Round Team Members
- Medical/Prescription/Vision - Humm offers three PPO plans through Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield with 100% of the monthly employee-only premiums covered by Humm! For those with dependent coverage, Humm also covers 50% of the premium cost.
- Dental - With two plan options that include adult orthodontia and no waiting periods for major services, Humm is happy to keep a healthy smile on our team’s face through Standard Dental (utilizing the Ameritas Network).
- Flexible Spending Account - Humm-sters can set aside a portion of their pre-tax wages to cover health care expenses not covered by insurance. Dependent Care Account- Similar to the FSA, Humm-sters can set aside a portion of their pre-tax wages to cover qualified dependent care expenses.
- Dependent Care Account - Similar to the FSA, Humm-sters can set aside a portion of their pre-tax wages to cover qualified dependent care expenses.
- Company Paid Life Insurance - In the event of death of dismemberment (which we hope never happens!) Humm pays for up to $10,000 in coverage payable to your beneficiary.
- Voluntary Life Insurance - Humm-sters can elect employee, spousal, and child benefits through Unum.
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability - This plan covers 60% of your weekly earnings due to eligible off-the-job accidents or injuries that keep you out of work.
- Voluntary Critical Illness Plan - This plan can pay money directly to you when you’re diagnosed with certain serious illness.
- Voluntary Accident Plan - This plan can pay a set benefit amount based on the type of injury you have and the treatment you need.
All Year-Round Team Members
- 401k - Team members can elect to defer pre or post-tax money into a 401k through Vanguard Retirement.
- Vacation - Humm-sters can accrue up to 15 days of vacation per year in their first five years, 20 days from their fifth to tenth year, and 25 days from their tenth year and beyond! We believe a balance between work and play is essential in quality performance and a fun atmosphere at work.
- Sick Time - Humm-sters accrue sick time to use for themselves or their family members.
- Holidays - With six observed holidays per year, employees either receive a paid day off or a paid holiday in conjunction with their hours worked on the observed holiday.
- Employee Assistance Program - Designed to help find productive and happier balances in life- this free program offers confidential access to licensed counselors, work/life specialists, and a benefit hub discount center!
- Continuing Education - Throughout the year, Humm offers brown bag trainings as well as voluntary options for our Humm-sters to further their professional and personal interests.
- Local Perks - From free Humm product, discounted gear, and other local trades, Humm has great evolving perks for our entire team!
We believe that our Humm community is a place where our employees can build safe, prosperous lives. Whatever your life story, national origin, race or religion; whoever you choose to love, whatever your sexual orientation or gender identity is… you are welcome here.
We believe our culture of trust, equality, diversity and inclusion, and overall wellness sets us apart as an employer of choice for Central Oregon. We are careful to hire amazing people that embrace their own and other’s uniqueness. We trust our team to set priorities and ask for help when they need it. We strive to provide leadership, not management, that inspires independence, creativity, passion, and a desire to succeed. Your life outside of work should be better overall because you work at Humm.
Aside from the goodness you feel within our walls, our team welcomes each other for personal development and enrichment outside of work through book clubs, biking excursions, river floats, and more.
Want an insider’s take on what it’s like at Humm? Check out our team’s feedback!
“My favorite part about being a Humm-ster is the people that I work with, the environment, and culture that we create. This will be different than almost any place you've ever worked, in the best way. The environment is upbeat and easy-going while still maintaining the drive to work hard.”
- Chris, 4-Year Humm-ster in Maintenance
“Our team is hard working, caring, and committed to Humm. It feels like the chance of a lifetime to be a part of this movement. This winning environment comes from the culture and employees enthusiasm to work together.“
- Tony, 1-Year Humm-ster in Sales
“The environment of Humm is vibrant and open. The people are genuine, caring, and inclusive. Humm encourages creative freedom and supports decision making through inclusive and collaborative improvement efforts.“
- Bryce, 3-Year Humm-ster in Customer Service/Purchasing
Our co-founders, Jamie and Michelle, set out to do business in a way that was true to their vision of the world; a vision of peace, mutual respect, and equality. We make our kombucha to be enjoyed by everyone and strive to follow that vision with our donations.
Our core giving focus is on kids and women’s issues and empowerment, but strive to have a charitable giving program that benefits our community. Last year, Humm donated over $48,000 in product and gear to:
- Shelters & charitable homes
- Community kitchens & food pantries
- Youth athletic and afterschool programs
- Adaptive programs and sports
- Family services
- Animal rescue and rehabilitation
- Museums & music collectives
- Police & Firefighters
- Natural resources restoration
In addition to our product donations in 2020, Humm donated a portion of all Taproom sales to The Wildland Firefighter Foundation and The Red Cross Cascades Region to support our fellow Oregonians displaced or devastated by the wildfires.