Have you been looking for a way to get more kombucha into your diet, or maybe just more dessert? Either way, we’ve got you (chocolate) covered! These coconut lime Humm Kombucha berry bites have everything — a dark chocolate coating, a creamy coconut lime filling and a fresh berry surprise in the center. Berry easy and berry delish!
Like yogurt, kombucha has probiotics, so it’s a one-two tasty punch for the good gut bacteria. And did you know that you can freeze kombucha? No kidding! Try these kombucha popsicles. Or how about a kombucha float? You can join the Humm crew at the 2nd Street taproom or make your own with your favorite mix up of Humm and a couple scoops of ice cream or sorbet.
Coconut berry bites can be made in any ice cube tray, but a silicone mold makes removing the frozen yogurt berry bites easier. Tip: toast up some shredded coconut to sprinkle on top to hint at what’s inside the frozen bite. Toasted coconut smells so good we may just start smearing it on our underarms instead of deodorant.
Start with an ice cube tray or mold, a bottle of Humm Coconut Lime, some fresh lime, shredded sweetened coconut, plain greek yogurt and a couple handfuls of berries. We used raspberries, but any berry will do.
The trick to getting the berry in the middle of the yogurt bite is to fill each section up ¾ of the way with the yogurt-kombucha mixture, then put a berry in, then fill the rest of the way:
Freeze and cover with melted dark chocolate and shredded toasted coconut. Or, you could also just eat them after this stage — they are delicious either way!
Frozen yogurt kombucha berry bites are a mouthful (of delicious probiotic goodness).
Coconut Lime Frozen Yogurt Berry Bites
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 4 hours 30 mins (includes freezing time)
Feeds: 6 good friends
- 1 bottle Coconut Lime Humm Kombucha
- Fresh lime juice from 2 limes
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 ¾ cup plain greek style yogurt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries or blackberries)
- Melted dark chocolate (optional — kind of 😉
- ½ cup toasted shredded coconut (optional)
- In a large glass measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together the Coconut Lime Humm kombucha, lime juice, greek yogurt, heavy cream and shredded coconut.
- Fill each section in the ice cube tray ¾ full with the yogurt mixture. Insert a berry into the center of each section and gently push down. Fill to the top with the yogurt mixture, covering the berry.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
- After they are frozen, remove the bites from the mold and place on a small plate or tray. You can dip them in melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with coconut, or serve as is.
- Store any leftover bites in the freezer on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate.