[Updated February 10, 2017]
- Please note we may combine personal information that we collect via one method (e.g., our website) with information that we collect via another method (e.g., an offline event). We do this to get a more complete view of our customers, which, in turn, allows us to serve you better and with more customization. When we combine non-personal information with personal information, or non-personal information with other non-personal information in a way that renders the combined information personal information, we treat that combined information the same way we treat personal information.
- We may collect a variety of information, both personal information and non-personal information, about you in connection with other activities and features of our website, including the following:
- Personal contact information, such as your name, home address, email address or phone numbers, which you may provide to us in connection with product inquiries, customer service requests, entering contests, sweepstakes or other sales promotions and consumer surveys.
- Demographic information, such your date of birth, age or age range, gender, geographic location (e.g., zip code, city and state, mobile location), favorite products, hobbies and interests and household or lifestyle information, which we may collect in connection with general website registration, e-newsletter sign-up, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions and consumer surveys.
- Social media information, such as information that is part of your profile on a third party social network (such as Facebook, twitter, Instagram) that you allow the third party social network to share with us.
- Consumer feedback, which you voluntarily share with us about your experience with our products.
- Website usage information, which includes information about how you use and navigate our website, including which links you click on, which pages or content you view and for how long, and other similar information and statistics about your interactions with our website. This information is also captured using automated tracking technologies such as browser cookies and web beacons, and may also be collected through the use of third party tracking services (such as Google Analytics) that collect data in aggregate (such as number of visits to a particular page, or the amount of time spent on a website).
- Humm may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Product development and improvement: We may use demographic information and customer feedback to improve our products to meet your needs and to develop new product ideas.
- Contests and other promotions: We may use your personal information (including personal contact information, demographic information and in some circumstances social media information) to administer contests, sweepstakes and other marketing campaigns and promotions. For more information about our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, please see the official rules or details posted with each promotion.
- Customer service: We may use your personal contact information and feedback to respond to specific product inquiries, complaints or questions.
- Marketing communications: We may use your personal contact information, social media information and demographic information to send you marketing communications, such as email communications, text messages and postal mailings. We may also show you marketing communications on other websites, including on social media sites where you are a member, by matching activities or information we collect with those collected on third party sites. In some instances, this could involve the use of your precise geo-location, which may allow us to send you location-based offers and promotions. You can always opt-out from receiving marketing-related email communications or text messages by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each such communication.
- Interest-Based Advertising: We may use non-personally identifiable information (such as website and technical information) that we collect in connection with your browsing activity on our website as well as similar information from other sources to serve online Humm advertisements to you. Advertising that is based on information collected from or about you over time is known as interest-based or online behavioral advertising.
- Website improvement and personalization: We may also use website and technical information that we collect through the automated tracking technologies described above to improve and personalize your experience on our website. Based on this type of information, we may also show you specific Humm content or promotions that are tailored to your interests. Please see Section 7 below for more information as to the tracking technologies we use.
- Other general purposes: We may use your information for other general business purposes, such as to maintain the day-to- day operation and security of our website and to conduct internal marketing and demographic studies.
- Partners and joint promotions: From time to time, we may run a joint or co-sponsored program or promotion on our website with another company, and, as part of this event, collect and process personal information. For example, some of our promotions may be run on third party social media such as Facebook (for example, on our Facebook fan pages). To comply with legal requirements, we may publish or share a limited amount of information (such as name and city of residence) about the winners of a particular promotion. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a company other than Humm, you can always choose not to opt in or participate in these events at the time the personal information is collected/requested.
- Legally required disclosures: We may release personal information if we believe in good faith that it is required by law or legal process or by a law enforcement agency that has provided a valid request, it is required to protect or enforce our legal rights, or such release is necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of others. In the event that Humm is acquired by another company, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by us, which could include personal information. Similarly, personal information may be transferred as part of a corporate reorganization, insolvency proceeding, or other similar event, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law.
- Notice to California Residents: If you are a California resident, you may have the right to request and receive certain information about our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their own marketing use. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing use unless you are first given the opportunity to opt-in or out (as described above). However, if you still wish to learn more about our compliance with this requirement, you may contact Consumer Services as identified below.
- Humm takes reasonable and industry-standard security measures, processes and procedures to protect personal information under our control from loss, misuse, alteration and destruction. However, you should be aware that no data transmission over wireless networks or over the Internet is completely secure. Also, to protect your personal information you should take all appropriate steps to safeguard your passwords, account information and any credit card or other financial information you may provide in connection with our website or the websites of others. If you use a shared or public computer, never choose to have your login ID/email address or password remembered and make sure to log out of your account every time you leave the computer.
- Cookies: Cookies are files stored on your computer’s hard drive by the browser. These cookies help us to (i) identify and authenticate visitors and subscribers, (ii) store preferences, (iii) tailor content and advertisements on the Humm website according to visitor preferences, (iv) preserve session settings and state, (v) automatically fill in forms and sign-in screens, and (vi) analyze the performance and effectiveness of our website and our communications with you. The cookie does not contain any personal information but it does identify the specific installed program you use to browse the Humm website.
- Web beacons: Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method of delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data back to us. The information collected via web beacons may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, as well as information about how you respond to an email campaign (for example, the time the email is opened, where does the user link to from the email, etc.).
- We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children below the age of 13 for marketing purposes. If we discover that we’ve accidentally collected information from a child below 13, we will remove that child’s information from our records as soon as feasibly possible. However, we may collect personal information about children below the age of 13 for marketing purposes from the parent or legal guardian directly. For non-marketing (e.g., educational) purposes, we may only collect personal information from a child below the age of 13 with the explicit prior written consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian.
- Please send your corrections or updates by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants may also choose to opt out in the event Humm indicates that their personal information will be disclosed to a third party or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected, or not subsequently authorized by those participants.
HUMM OPT-OUT POLICY
Humm Kombucha LLC
P.O. Box 7499
Bend, OR 97708
(Last updated 2/10/2017)